Join the Georgia Historical Society as over 90 cultural and historical sites open their doors free of charge on Sunday, February 11, 2018, for the Georgia History Festival’s Super Museum Sunday (SMS)! GHS will highlight participating sites in the week leading up to this annual tradition.
Today we highlight participating sites in Coastal Georgia! Explore the forts that protected the colony of Georgia’s borders from French and Spanish invasion, climb the 129 stairs at the St. Simons Lighthouse, or explore Georgia’s early settlements. Georgia’s coastal counties have a lot to offer. See how many sites you can visit on February 11, during Super Museum Sunday!
- Fort Frederica National Monument
- Fort King George
- Fort McAllister Historic Park
- Fort Morris Historic Site
- Georgia Salzburger Society Museum and Jerusalem Lutheran Church
- Historic Effingham Society and Living History Site
- Hofwyl-Broadfield Plantation Historic Site
- Independent Telecommunication Pioneer Association
- Midway Museum
- Old Liberty County Jail
- Richmond Hill Historical Society
- St. Simons Lighthouse Museum
- The Bloody Marsh Unit
For a full list of participating Super Museum Sunday Sites and printable map, click here. Don’t forget to check-in on social media and tag us in your posts by using the hashtag #GHF2018. Find GHS on the following platforms: